COVID 19 PANDEMIC UPDATE
The Municipality of Dumalinao, Zamboanga del Sur continuously is responsive of the COVID 19 Pandemic.
We are one of the recipient of the Bayanihan Grant to Cities and Municipalities. We received the amount of P9,812,983.00 which we spent expeditiously on the following mandatory expenditures as clearly defined in Local Budget Circular 125, as follows:
- Purchase of PPEs, Medicines/Medical Supplies,Testing Kits,Hygiene kits and Disinfectants-P2,347,886.50
- Purchase of Food and Relief goods Assistance- P6,720,356.00
- Establishment of Isolation Facility with complete accessories and supplies-P744,740.50
The Isolation Area known as the COVID LIGTAS CENTER, established and located at the Dumalinao Regional Pilot School will soon be demolished and relocated at the Municipal Gymnasium adjacent to the Municipal Building as the Department of Education had issued its Memorandum mandating to vacate the present Isolation Facilities by August 15, 2020 from within the school premises as classes are said to commence on August 24, 2020.
For now, the Local Government Unit is constructing and establishing said Facility at its new location incurring another cost for the relocation with a supplemental budget of P250,000.00
Aside from the the Bayanihan Grant, we also incurred expenditures relative to the COVID Response from our resources for the period covering March 17, 2020 to July 31, 2020, to wit:
- Purchase of PPEs, Medicines/Medical Supplies,Testing Kits,Hygiene kits and Disinfectants-P962,113.75
- Purchase of Food and Relief goods Assistance- P7,503,890.00
- Establishment of Isolation Facility with complete accessories and supplies-P250,000.00
- Mobilization, Food of frontliners and volunteers-P1,190,914.40
To date our COVID LIGTAS CENTER has catered 22 admission, wherein 11 are female and 11 are male. Out of this 22, 2 are positive of CORONAVIRUS. From the onset of this Pandemic we recorded 3 infected persons including the 10 year old boy in April 2020, while 8 had graduated.
Presently, there are 14 remaining LSIs admittees with 2 asymptomatic infected persons, including a mother and an infant, a stroke patient with an able son who took care of her. Others opted to stay at their respective homes and barangays which were accordingly approved by health personnel.
By August 15, 2020, our COVID LIGTAS CENTER at the Municipal Gymnasium be functional.