A progressive municipality enjoying an abundant, peaceful and healthy environment through the proper use of coastal marine resources, sharing equitably the bounty of its effectively managed resources within the framework of a balanced and sustainable development
The local government of Dumalinao commits itself to work the integrated rehabilitation and protection of its critical habitats and natural resources through responsible management and development in active partnership with its people.
The Municipality of Dumalinao already and successfully installed the necessary mechanisms to effectively rehabilitate and restore the natural productivity of its natural resources and environment and the people shall enjoy the product of their management and development efforts in a sustainable manner. The municipality shall emerge as a vibrant trading hub of farm and fishery products and as important eco-tourism destination in this part of the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Properly managed coastal and fishery resources that assure the livelihood and security
of the people.
- To strengthen the capacity of the municipal and barangay government unitsf or the effective delivery of basic social services, particularly along coastal
resource management, enforcement and compliance;
- To empower the citizenry for economic self-reliance and for effective participation in governance;
- To develop policies, systems, procedures and programs for the regeneration of depleting fishery resources and the rehabilitation of degraded coastal habitats;
- To maximize the economic benefits from the use of the resources and promote equity in sharing the benefits from their use;
- To develop other livelihood options that would reduce pressures on the coastal and fishery resources; and
- To reduce conflicts among resource users.